List of Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes [2024 Updated]
The pains and trauma that come with staying in banks for transaction purposes could be frustrating especially when you don’t like standing in a queue. If you belong to this category, then you can giggle because Sterling Bank USSD transfer codes can help you to solve emergency transactions at any time of the day.
What are Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes?
The Sterling Bank USSD code is used to access your Sterling Bank account through your mobile phone. This code is used to transfer money from one account to another, pay bills, and check your account balance. To use the Sterling Bank USSD code, you will need to have a Sterling Bank account and a mobile phone that is compatible with the code.
History of Sterling Bank
Sterling Bank Nigeria is one of the leading banks in Nigeria with a long history of providing excellent financial services to its customers. The bank was established in 1960 as a small merchant bank and has since grown to become one of the largest banks in the country. Sterling Bank has a strong focus on customer service and provides a wide range of banking products and services to meet the needs of its customers.
The bank has a long history of serving the Nigerian market and has been at the forefront of many innovations in the banking sector. Sterling Bank was one of the first banks in Nigeria to introduce ATMs and Internet banking. The bank has also introduced several unique products and services such as mobile banking and Sterling ASSIST, which is a 24/7 customer support service.
Sterling Bank has a long history of providing quality financial services to its customers. In the early days of the bank, it focused on providing merchant banking services to businesses in Nigeria. This included helping businesses with things like foreign exchange transactions and trade financing. As time went on, the bank began to offer more and more services to its customers, eventually becoming a full-fledged commercial bank.
Benefits of Using Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes
1. When you use Sterling Bank’s USSD codes to send money internationally, the transaction is typically completed within minutes. This is much faster than other methods of international money transfers, such as wire transfers, which can take several days to complete.
2. If you need to send money internationally but don’t have time to go to your local Sterling Bank branch or log in to your online banking account, using USSD codes is a convenient way to do it. All you need is your mobile phone and you can send money anywhere in the world.
3. When you use Sterling Bank’s USSD codes to send money internationally, the transaction is protected by multiple layers of security. This makes it one of the safest ways to send money abroad.
Read also: Full List of GTB USSD Transfer Codes
Requirements to Activate Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- An active Sterling Bank account
- A valid ATM Debit Card
- A registered SIM that is linked to your Sterling Bank account
- A good phone with network coverage and call credit to make calls
How to Activate Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Dial *822# on your phone
- Enter your 4-digit PIN when prompted
- Select “Registration” from the menu options
- Enter your 10-digit Sterling Bank account number
- Confirm your account number by re-entering it
- Create a 4-digit PIN for USSD transactions
- Confirm your 4-digit PIN by re-entering it
Possible Issues with Using Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes
When using any type of financial service, there are always potential risks and issues that can arise. The same is true when using Sterling Bank USSD transfer codes to send money. Some possible issues that could occur include:
Sending money to the wrong person: If you accidentally enter the wrong phone number when sending a transfer, the money could go to someone else entirely. Always double-check the recipient’s information before sending any money.
Technical Difficulties: The USSD system is not perfect and there can be times when it doesn’t work correctly. This could result in your transfer not going through or taking longer than usual to process.
Not enough funds in your account: If you don’t have enough money in your account to cover the amount you’re trying to send, your transfer will be declined. Make sure you have enough funds available before initiating any transfers.
Read also: Full List of UBA USSD Transfer Codes
Security Measures for Using Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Keep your phone locked and secure at all times. This will help prevent someone from gaining access to your account if your phone is lost or stolen.
- Do not share your USSD codes with anyone. This includes family members, friends, and even Sterling Bank staff. Only you should know your codes to keep your account secure.
- If you suspect that someone has gained access to your codes, change them immediately and contact Sterling Bank customer service for assistance.
- If you receive a suspicious text message purporting to be from Sterling Bank, do not respond and contact the bank immediately.
List of Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- For Checking of Balance: *822*6#
- For Transferring to Sterling Bank/Other Banks: *822*Amount*AccountNumber#
- For Airtime Top-Up for Self: *822*AMOUNT#
- For Airtime Top-Up for Others: *822*AMOUNT*Phone Number#
- For Payment of Bills: *822*2#
- For Cardless Withdrawal: *822*42#
- For Opening of Account: *822*7#
- For Checking Account Number: *822*8#
- For Proper Card Management: *822*19#
- Pay Merchant: *822*28*AMOUNT*MERCHANT CODE#
- LCC Toll Payment: *822*15#
- For Retriever of BVN: *565*0#
Read also: List of Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I use a Sterling Bank USSD code?
A: To use a Sterling Bank USSD code, you’ll first need to dial *822# on your phone. Once you’ve done so, you’ll be given a list of options to choose from. Select the option for “Transfer Money” and then follow the prompts.
Q: What is the Sterling Bank USSD code for transferring money to another bank?
A: The Sterling Bank USSD code for transferring money to another bank is *822#. Dial this code on your phone and then select the option for “Transfer Money.” You’ll be prompted to enter the amount you wish to transfer, as well as the recipient’s bank account number.