List of Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes [2023 Updated]
In this fast-paced innovation of technology, Globus Bank has tapped into the use of codes to solve customers’ long pending hours of transactions. where time is money and convenience is key, there’s nothing more empowering than having control at your fingertips. In this article, these Globus Bank USSD transfer Codes can be dialed on any phone either Android or iPhone.
Table of Contents
What is Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Globus Bank USSD transfer codes are the numbers you have to dial on your smartphone to initiate a transaction. These transactions could be for sending funds, buying airtime, utility bills, etc. Since these codes into existence, they have eased the banking sector from receiving several queries regarding money transactions.
History of Globus Bank
Globus Bank is one of the leading banks in Nigeria. The history of Globus Bank can be traced back to March 6, 2019, when it was founded as a small bank in Lagos, Nigeria. Since then, the Bank has grown to become one of the largest banks in Nigeria with a nationwide network of branches and ATMs.
Globus Bank offers a wide range of banking products and services to its customers including personal and business banking, loans, credit cards, foreign exchange, money transfer, investments, and more. The bank has a strong focus on providing excellent customer service and offering innovative products that meet the needs of its customers.
Today, Globus Bank is one of the largest banks in Nigeria with over 2 million customers and a nationwide network of branches and ATMs. The bank offers a wide range of products and services including savings and checking accounts, loans, credit cards, money transfer services, and more.
Read also: Full List of GTB USSD Transfer Codes
Benefits of Using Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- You do not need an internet connection to use the service- all you need is a mobile phone with the ability to dial USSD codes. This makes it ideal for when you are on the go or in areas with poor or no internet coverage.
- It’s a safe and secure way to transfer funds as the transaction is carried out through your bank’s secure servers.
- There are no extra charges for using the service- you will only be charged your normal airtime rate.
- They are fast. Your transaction will be processed immediately so you can get your money where it needs to go right away.
Requirements to Activate Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- An active Globus Bank account
- An active Globus ATM Debit Card
- A SIM connected to the Globus Account number
- A registered SIM with a recharge card
How to Activate Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- You need to dial *989# on the Globus Bank registered SIM
- Select the type of ATM card you want to use
- Input the 4-digit PIN of the ATM Debit Card
- You will create a fresh 5-digit PIN
- Input the same 5-digit PIN for confirmation
Possible Issues with Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Incorrect beneficiary account number: If the beneficiary account number entered is incorrect, the funds will be transferred to the wrong account.
- Incorrect amount: If the wrong amount is entered, the recipient will either receive less money than intended or will be unable to withdraw the full amount.
- Incorrect PIN: If the wrong PIN is used, the transaction will be declined and no funds will be transferred.
- Insufficient funds: If there are insufficient funds in the sender’s account, the transaction will be declined and no funds will be transferred.
Read also: List of Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Different Ways to Use Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Assuming you have a Globus Bank account, there are a few different ways you can use their USSD codes for transferring money. The first way is by using the *989# code. By dialing this code, you can transfer money from your Globus account to another local bank account. All you need is the recipient’s bank name and account number.
The second way to use the Globus Bank USSD codes is by using *989*2*amount*account number#. This code is used for transferring money from your Globus account to a mobile wallet. You will need the recipient’s mobile number and the amount you wish to transfer.
You can use *989*3*amount*phone number# to buy Airtime. You will need the biller’s ID and the amount owed. After entering this information, the funds will be transferred from your Globus account and applied to the bill.
Security Measures for Using Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Make sure you are using a secure, private location when entering your USSD code. Avoid public places where someone could potentially see or overhear you.
- Be aware of your surroundings and who is around you when inputting your USSD code. If you feel like you are being watched or followed, do not proceed with the transaction.
- Make sure you enter the correct recipient’s phone number when sending a transfer. Check with the recipient beforehand to confirm their phone number.
- Keep your phone locked at all times when you are not using it so that no one can access your account without your permission.
List of Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- To check balance: *989#
- For account number: *989#
- For transferring money to Globus Bank: *989*1*amount*account number#
- For transferring money to other banks: *989*2*amount*account number#
- For buying airtime for self: *989*Amount#
- For buying airtime for others: *989*3*amount*phone number#
- For checking BVN: *565*0#
- For Opening of Account: *989#
- Data Purchase: *989#
Read also: Full List of UBA USSD Transfer Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I use the Globus Bank USSD codes?
A: To use the Globus Bank USSD codes, simply enter the code into your phone’s keypad and press send. The code will then be processed and the desired action will be performed.
Q: How do I know which type of code to use?
A: The type of code you need to use depends on the action you want to perform. For example, if you want to check your account balance, you would use a static code. If you want to transfer money between accounts, you would use a dynamic code. If you want to pay for goods and services, you would use an interactive code.
Q: How do I know if my transaction was successful?
A: After you have completed a transaction using the Globus Bank USSD codes, you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile phone indicating whether or not the transaction was successful.