List of Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes [2023 Updated]
Wema Bank USSD transfer codes have made it possible to allow smooth transactions among their customers. If you are banking with Wema Bank, you can use these codes to sort out your day-to-day financial needs. You can effortlessly send money to your loved ones or make seamless transactions with just a few taps on your mobile phone.
Table of Contents
What are Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes?
The Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes are a set of codes that can be used to transfer funds from one account to another. These codes can be used to transfer funds between accounts within the same bank or between different banks. The codes can also be used to pay for goods and services. To use the Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes, you will need to have an active account with the bank. Also, you will need to have a mobile phone that is compatible with the USSD system.
History of Wema Bank
Wema Bank is one of the leading banks in Nigeria and has been in operation since 2 May 1945. The bank was initially established as a small cooperative society in Lagos before it was transformed into a full-fledged commercial bank in 1963. Over the years, Wema Bank has grown to become one of the most prominent financial institutions in the country with over 400 branches nationwide.
The bank has continued to evolve over the years and has introduced several innovative products and services such as mobile banking and USSD transfer codes which have made banking more convenient for its customers. Today, Wema Bank is one of the largest banks in Nigeria with over 2 million customers and more than 1,000 branches across the country. The bank was one of the first Nigerian banks to introduce automated teller machines (ATMs) and point-of-sale (POS) terminals
Benefits of Using Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Wema Bank USSD codes are a quick and easy way to transfer money to other Wema Bank accounts. The codes can be used to send money to family and friends, pay bills, or make purchases. There are no fees for using the codes, and they can be used from any mobile phone with a data connection.
- Using Wema Bank USSD codes is a safe and secure way to transfer money. The codes are only active for a short time, so there is no risk of them being intercepted or misused. All transactions are also protected by 128-bit encryption.
- Wema Bank USSD codes are a convenient way to send money. They can be used from anywhere, at any time. There is no need to queue at a bank branch or ATM or wait for funds to clear into an account. The recipient will instantly receive the funds, and can then use them however they wish.
- Wema Bank USSD codes offer an affordable way to send money. There are no fees for using the codes, and exchange rates are competitive. This makes them ideal for sending small amounts of money, or for making regular payments such as utility bills or rent payments.
Requirements to Activate Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- An active Wema Bank account
- A valid ATM Debit Card
- A registered SIM linked to the Wema Bank
- A mobile with network coverage
How to Activate Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Dial *945# on your phone
- Select ‘Registration’
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter your account number
- Create a 4-digit PIN
- Confirm your PIN
Possible Issues with Using Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Incorrectly inputting the recipient’s phone number: If you incorrectly input the recipient’s phone number, the funds could be transferred to the wrong person. To avoid this, always double-check the phone number before confirming the transaction.
- Not having enough funds in your account: If you do not have enough funds in your account to cover the transaction, it will simply not go through. Be sure to check your account balance before attempting a transfer.
- Poor network reception: If you have poor network reception, the USSD codes may not go through properly and the transaction may not be completed successfully. Always check for good network coverage before trying to use USSD codes.
Security Measures for Using Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Do not share your PIN with anyone. Keep it confidential and only use it when performing transactions on your account.
- Do not save your PIN on your mobile device. If your device is lost or stolen, someone could access your account if they know your PIN.
- Always log out of the USSD menu after completing a transaction. This will help to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
- If you suspect that someone has accessed your account without permission, change your PIN immediately and contact Wema Bank customer service for assistance.
List of Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- For Checking Balance: *945*0#
- For Transferring to Wema Bank/Other Bank: *945*Beneficiary Account Number*Amount#
- For Airtime Top Up for Self: *945*Amount#
- For Airtime Top Up for Others: *945*Phone Number*Amount#
- Buy Data: *945*9#
- For Payment of Cable Bills: *945*10#
- For Payment of Electricity Bills: *945*24#
- Cardless Withdrawal/Pay Merchant: *945*57# and *945*58#
- Open Account: *945*1#
- Pay School Bills: *945*70# and *945*71#
- Quick Loan: *945*100#
- Change USSD PIN: *945*00#
- Change Account Number: *945*2*Old Acct Number*New Acct Number#
- Retrieve BVN: *945*4#
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I send money using Wema Bank USSD?
A: To send money using Wema Bank USSD, dial *945# and follow the prompts. Enter the recipient’s mobile number, enter the amount you wish to send, and confirm the transaction.
Q: How do I check my balance using Wema Bank USSD?
A: To check your balance using Wema Bank USSD, dial *945# and follow the prompts. Select “Check Balance” from the menu and enter your PIN to confirm. Your current account balance will be displayed on your screen.
Q: How much money can I transfer using the Wema Bank USSD codes?
A: There is no limit to the amount of money you can transfer using the Wema Bank USSD codes. However, please note that charges may apply for certain transactions.