List of Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes [2023 Updated]
Are you having a hard time going to the Unity Bank nearest to you, still, when you think about the time you will waste for money transactions you prefer staying back. Technology has been the game changer making life easier for banks and customers to do business. Unity Bank USSD transfer codes are available for Unity Bank customers to use.
Table of Contents
What are Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes?
The Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes are a set of codes that can be used to transfer money from one account to another, pay bills, and check account balances. These codes can be used by anyone with a Unity Bank account and a mobile phone.
To use the Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes, simply dial *7799# on your mobile phone and follow the prompts. You will be asked to enter your Unity Bank account number, the amount of money you wish to transfer, and the recipient’s account number. Once you have entered all of this information, your transfer will be processed instantly.
One of the great things about using the Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes is that they can be used to send money to anyone in Nigeria, regardless of whether or not they have a Unity Bank account. All you need is their Nigerian phone number. This makes it a very convenient way to send money to family and friends who may not have access to a bank account.
Brief History of Unity Bank
Unity Bank plc is a commercial bank in Nigeria. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the country’s banking regulator. The bank was founded in January 2006 and started operations in 2007. It has since grown to become one of the leading banks in Nigeria with over 200 branches across the country.
The bank offers a range of banking products and services to its individual, corporate, and SME clients. These include savings and current accounts, loans, debit and credit cards, money transfer services, foreign exchange services, and more.
In recent years, Unity Bank has made significant investments in technology to improve its customer experience. This includes the launch of its USSD transfer code service which allows customers to send money to any bank account in Nigeria using their mobile phone.
Benefits of Using Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes
When it comes to banking, there are a lot of different options out there. But one option that is becoming increasingly popular is using USSD codes to transfer funds. Here are some of the benefits of using Unity Bank USSD codes to transfer funds:
- You don’t need an internet connection to use them, which is ideal if you’re in an area with poor or no coverage.
- They’re a secure way to transfer funds, as the codes are only valid for a limited time and can only be used once.
- You can use them to send money to anyone, regardless of whether they have a bank account or not.
- There are no fees associated with using USSD codes to transfer funds, so you can save money on transaction fees.
Requirements to Activate Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- An active Unity Bank Account
- A valid ATM Debit Card
- A registered SIM card linked to your Unity Bank Account
- A mobile phone with no network issue
How to Activate Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Assuming you have a Unity Bank account, here’s how to register the Unity Bank USSD Transfer codes:
- Dial *7799# on your phone
- Enter your 10-digit NUBAN account number
- Create and confirm a 4-digit PIN of your choice
- Then, you can start making transactions!
It’s that simple. Now you can use the *7799# USSD code to perform various transactions such as checking your account balance, transferring funds to other accounts, paying bills, etc.
Possible Issues with Using Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes
One of the most popular methods for transferring money in Nigeria is through Unity Bank USSD codes. This system allows customers to send and receive money using their mobile phones. However, some possible issues could arise from using these codes.
The first issue is that Unity Bank USSD codes can only be used with a Nigerian phone number. This means that if you are trying to send money to someone who does not have a Nigerian phone number, they will not be able to receive the funds.
Another potential issue is that the recipient of the funds may not have a Unity Bank account. In this case, they will not be able to receive the funds until they open an account with the bank. It is important to note that there are charges associated with using Unity Bank USSD codes. These charges will vary depending on the amount of money being sent and received.
Security Measures for Using Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Do not disclose your PIN or account number to anyone. This includes family, friends, and even bank employees.
- Avoid public places when entering your PIN or other sensitive information.
- Be aware of your surroundings when using your phone to make sure no one is watching or listening in on your conversation.
- If you are ever asked to enter your PIN into a device that does not belong to the bank, do not do it. This could be a skimming device that criminals use to steal people’s information.
List of Unity Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Check Balance: *7799*0#
- Airtime Top-Up for Others: *7799*Phone number*Amount#
- Cardless Withdrawal: *7799*8*Amount#
- Airtime Top-Up for Self: *7799*Amount#
- Transfer to Other Banks: *7799*2*Account number*Amount#
- Transfer to Unity Bank Account: *7799*1*Account number*Amount#
- Open Account: *7799#
- Retrieve BVN: *7799*5#
- Block Account: *7799*9*phone number#
Read also: List of Union Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I register for the Unity Bank USSD transfer service?
A: If you are a new customer, you will need to visit a Unity Bank branch and open an account. Once you have done this, you can dial *7799# from your phone and follow the prompts to register for the service. If you are an existing customer, you can simply dial *826# and follow the prompts to register for the service.
Q: How do I use the Unity Bank USSD transfer code?
A: Once you have registered for the service, using the Unity Bank USSD transfer code is simple. Just dial *7799# on your phone and follow the prompts. You will be asked to enter the recipient’s bank name, account number, and amount before confirming the transaction. The money will then be sent instantly.