Full List of GTB USSD Transfer Codes [2023 Updated]
The future of money transfer has changed rapidly due to simple codes. One thing that has made it possible is digitalization, whereby, you can carry out transactions anywhere you are in Nigeria. You don’t have to be well conversant with technology to use these GTB USSD Transfer Codes. The major thing is to be familiar with the right code to use at a particular time.
Table of Contents
What are GTB USSD Transfer Codes?
These are codes you can use to perform any GT Bank transaction. It is regarded as the fastest way to make payments through your mobile phone in the comfort of your home. Also, these codes allow you to transfer funds into other bank accounts too. The good thing about these codes you don’t need an internet connection.
Benefits of Using GTB USSD Transfer Codes
- They are a quick and easy way to transfer money to friends and family members who also have GTBank accounts.
- You can use them to pay for goods and services at GTBank merchant locations.
- They are a convenient way to top up your airtime balance on your GTBank mobile phone account.
- You can check your account balance, mini statement, and transaction history at any time by dialing *737# on your mobile phone.
- GTBank USSD codes are one of the most secure ways to transfer funds as they are only accessible by you and your chosen PIN.
- -You don’t need an internet connection to use the codes, so you can transfer money even if you’re in a rural area with poor internet coverage.
Read also: List of Stanbic IBTC USSD Transfer Codes
Requirements to Activate GTB USSD Transfer Codes
- An active GTBank account
- A registered GTBank mobile banking
- A mobile phone that is GSM-enabled and has an active SIM card
- A suitable network coverage area
- An active Debit ATM card
How to Activate GTb USSD Transfer Codes
- Dial *737# on your phone.
- Enter your GTBank NUBAN (10-digit account number).
- Create a 4-digit PIN.
- Re-enter your 4-digit PIN to confirm.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your PIN was successfully updated.
Possible Issues with Using GTB USSD Transfer Codes
- Inaccurate mobile number: If the mobile number entered is inaccurate, the funds will be sent to the wrong account.
- Insufficient funds: If there are insufficient funds in the account, the transfer will not go through.
- Lack of network coverage: If there is no network coverage, the transfer will not go through.
- USSD codes not working: In some cases, GTBank USSD codes may not work. This could be due to a technical error or a problem with the bank’s systems.
Read also: Full List of UBA USSD Transfer Codes
Different Ways to Use GTB USSD Transfer Codes
- Transfer money from your GTBank account to another Nigerian bank account
- Buy airtime for yourself or someone else
- Check your account balance
- Pay bills
- Reload your GOTV, DSTv, or Startimes subscription
- Open a new account with GTBank
- Access other GTBanking services like forex rates, interest rates on deposits and loan products, fees, etc.
Steps in Sending Money using GTB USSD Transfer Codes
- Dial *737# on your mobile phone
- Enter your 4-digit GTBank PIN when prompted
- Select option 5 (Transfer Money) from the menu
- Select option 1 (To Another Bank) from the next menu
- Enter the recipient’s bank name e.g. Access Bank, First Bank, etc.
- Enter the recipient’s account number
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- Review the transaction details and confirm by entering 1 if everything is correct
- You will receive a confirmation message once the transaction is successful
Security Measures for GTB USSD Transfer Codes
- Do not share your PIN with anyone. This is the most important rule when it comes to online banking or any type of financial transaction. Your PIN should be known only to you and no one else.
- Do not save your PIN on your mobile device. If your device is lost or stolen, someone could easily access your account if your PIN is stored on it.
- Be sure to log out of your account after each session. This will help prevent someone from accessing your account if they happen to get ahold of your device.
- Keep your virus and malware protection up-to-date on all of your devices. This will help protect against any malicious software that could be used to steal your information or hijack your account.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi when accessing your GTBank account. These networks are often unsecured and can leave you vulnerable to attack. If you must use public Wi-Fi, be sure to connect through a virtual private network (VPN) first.
List of GTB USSD Transfer Codes
- For Airtime Purchase: *737*Amount#
- Buy Buying Data: *737*4#
- Buy Buying Airtime for Family and Friends: *737*Amount*Phone Number#
- For Transferring Money to GT Bank: *737*1*Amount*Account Number#
- For Transferring Money to other Banks: *737*2*Amount*Account Number#
- For generating Token Code: *737*7#
- Careless Withdrawal: *737*3#
- For Blocking ATM Debit Card: *737*51*10#
- Applying for Quick Credit: *737*51*51#
- Payoff Quick Credit Loan: *737*51*55#
Read also: List of Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I use the GTBank USSD Transfer Code?
A: Dial *737# on your phone and follow the prompts. You will be required to provide your GTBank Naira MasterCard details as well as the recipient’s bank account number. Once these have been entered, you will be asked to confirm the transaction before it is processed.
Q: Is there a limit to how much money I can transfer using GTBank USSD codes?
A: Yes, there is a limit of N20,000 per transaction when using GTBank USSD codes to transfer funds. However, you can make multiple transactions in a day if you need to transfer more than N20,000.
Q: Are there any fees associated with transferring money using GTBank USSD codes?
A: No, there are no fees associated with transferring funds using GTBank USSD codes. This service is provided free of charge by GTBank.