List of First Bank USSD Transfer Codes [2024 Updated]
First Bank one of the oldest banks in Nigeria with large customers have been searching for an easy to their customers better. Gone are the days, you have to stand in First Bank, while waiting for their customers to attend to you. Presently, those days are gone, because First Bank USSD transfer codes have been invented to solve the daunting task related to different payment transactions.
Table of Contents
What is First Bank USSD Transfer Code?
First Bank USSD Transfer Code is a unique code that allows you to transfer funds from your First Bank account to another account using your mobile phone. This service is available to all First Bank customers with a registered mobile number. The First Bank USSD Transfer Code is a convenient way to send money to family and friends without having to visit a branch or ATM. It is a safe and secure way to transfer funds, as your mobile number is your only identifier.
Benefits of Using First Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- The First Bank USSD code helps you keep track of all your payments and transfers in one place. This makes it easy to stay on top of your finances and budget effectively.
- First Bank USSD codes work with all banks in Nigeria, therefore whether you’re sending money to someone who banks with First Bank or another bank altogether, they’ll be able to receive it.
- These codes allow you to instantly send money to another account without having to wait for funds to clear. is ideal for when you need to make an emergency payment to someone.
- There is a high level of security as your transaction is carried out directly between your bank and the recipient’s bank.
Read also: List of Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Requirements to Activate First Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- A FirstBank account
- A valid ATM debit card
- A registered and fully recharged SIM linked to your FirstBank account,
- A Mobile Phone
How to Activate First Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- You can dial the code *894*0# on your Firstbank registered line. Mtn, Glo, Airtel, or 9 Mobile.
- Select the ATM debit cards connected to your account
- Enter the 4-digit PIN of the ATM Debit card.
- Create a new 5-digit PIN
- Confirm your 5-digit PIN
- If it is successful, you will get an SMS on your phone.
Read also: List of Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Possible Issues with Using First Bank USSD Transfer Codes and Solutions
1. Trying to send more money than what is in your account: If you try to send more money than is in your account, the transaction will not go through and you will receive an error message. To avoid this, make sure you have enough funds in your account before attempting a transfer.
2. Having an Inactive Account: If your account is inactive, the transaction will not go through and you will receive an error message. To avoid this, make sure your account is active by regularly using it for transactions.
3. Inputting an Incorrect PIN: If you input an incorrect PIN, the transaction will not go through and you will receive an error message. To avoid this, make sure you input the correct PIN before attempting a transfer.
Different Ways to Use First Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Transfer Money to Another Account: To do this, simply select the “Transfer” option and enter the amount you want to transfer. Then, enter the recipient’s account number and confirm the transaction.
Pay Bills: With First Bank USSD transfer codes, you can easily pay your bills without having to leave your home or office. Simply select the “Pay Bills” option and enter the amount you want to pay. Then, select the bill you want to pay from the list of options. Confirm the transaction and your bill will be paid instantly.
Buy Airtime: You can also use First Bank USSD transfer codes to buy airtime for yourself or someone else. Simply select the “Airtime” option and enter the amount you want to purchase. Then, select who you want to purchase airtime for (Self or Others) and confirm the transaction.
Security Measures for Using the First Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone.
- Do not write down your PIN or store it in an unsecured location.
- Always keep your phone locked when not in use, and never leave it unattended in a public place.
- Be aware of anyone attempting to shoulder surf while you enter your PIN.
- If you suspect that your phone has been lost or stolen, immediately contact First Bank customer service to block your account.
List of First Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Code to Check First Bank BVN: *565*0#
- For Check Statement of Account: *894*Account Number#
- For Requesting Loan: Dial *894# and select Loans
- For Buying of Data: Dial *894*2#
- For Checking Balance: *894*00#
- For Buying Airtime for Self: *894*Amount#
- For Buying Airtime for Others: *894*Amount*Phone Number#
- For Blocking Account: *894*911#
- For First Bank code Activation: *894#
- For Transferring Money: *894*Amount*Account Number#
- For transferring money to another Bank Account: *894*Amount*Account Number#
- FirstBank Code for Account Opening: *894*0#
Read also: List of Parallex Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much money can I transfer using First Bank USSD codes?
A: There is no limit to the amount of money you can transfer using First Bank USSD codes. However, please note that transfers over N20,000 may require additional authentication.
Q: Are there any fees associated with using First Bank USSD codes to transfer money?
A: No, there are no fees associated with using First Bank USSD codes to transfer money. However, your mobile network operator may charge you for data used while accessing the USSD menu.
Q: What is the turnaround time for transfers made using First Bank USSD codes?
A: Transfers made using First Bank USSD codes are typically processed instantly. However, in some cases, it may take up to 24 hours for the funds to reflect in the recipient’s account.
Q: How long does it take for the recipient to receive the funds when I use First Bank USSD codes to transfer money?
A: The funds will be transferred immediately and should arrive in the recipient’s account within seconds. However, please note that some banks may take a few minutes to process the transaction and make the funds available in the recipient’s account.