Full List of Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes [2023 Updated]
Before the invention of Ecobank USSD Transfer codes, it was difficult transferring money from one bank to another. This bank thought of an easier way for their customers to do swift transaction. As a result, you can transfer funds with just a few taps on your mobile phone. Whether you’re sending money to family or paying bills, our Ecobank Transfer USSD Codes are here to simplify your life and redefine the meaning of hassle-free banking.
Table of Contents
What is Ecobank USSD Transfer Code?
The Ecobank Transfer USSD Code is a code that can be used to transfer money from one bank account to another. This code can be used by anyone who has an account with Ecobank. To use this code, you will need to have your mobile phone with you and have the number of the recipient’s bank account handy. The process is simple and can be done in a few minutes. The service is available 24/7 and there are no transaction fees. To use the service, simply dial *326# from your mobile phone and follow the prompts.
Benefits of Using Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes
If you are an Ecobank customer, you can use USSD codes to send money to other Ecobank customers and to non-Ecobank customers. USSD codes offer a convenient, fast and secure way to transfer money. Here are some of the benefits of using Ecobank Transfer USSD codes:
- You can send money 24/7. There is no need to visit a branch or ATM.
- The transaction is completed in real time, and the recipient will receive the funds instantly.
- You can send money to any mobile number, even if the recipient is not an Ecobank customer.
- USSD codes are free to use, and there are no transaction fees.
- You can use USSD codes to top up your mobile airtime balance and pay for DSTV subscriptions.
Read also: List of Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Requirements to Activate Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes
- An active Ecobank Account
- A SIM card connected to the account number
- Airtime on your SIM card
- A valid ATM Debit card
How to Activate Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes
- Dial *326# on your phone.
- Enter your 4-digit secret PIN
- Select “Transfer Money”
- Enter the account number of the recipient
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- Select “OK” to confirm the transaction
- You will receive a confirmation message shortly after
Possible Issues with Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes and Solutions
If you are having trouble using the USSD codes for Ecobank transfer, there are a few possible issues that could be causing the problem. Here are some potential solutions:
- Make sure you have enough credit in your account: You need to have at least N10 in your account before you can use the USSD codes for Ecobank transfer.
- Check your network coverage: The USSD codes will not work if you do not have good network coverage. If you are in an area with poor or no signal, try moving to a different location.
- Restart your phone: Sometimes, restarting your phone can clear any glitches that may be causing the USSD codes to not work properly.
- Update your SIM card: If you are using an old or outdated SIM card, it may not be compatible with the USSD codes. Try updating your SIM card to see if that solves the problem.
Read also: List of Globus Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Different Ways to Use Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes
- To send money to another person’s account:
To do this, you will need to dial *326# and then follow the prompts. You will be asked to enter the amount you wish to send, the recipient’s mobile number, and then confirm the transaction.
- To buy airtime for yourself or someone else:
If you want to buy airtime for yourself, simply dial *326# and select the ‘Buy Airtime’ option. You will then be prompted to enter the amount of airtime you wish to purchase. If you want to buy airtime for someone else, select the ‘Send Airtime’ option and enter their mobile number when prompted.
- To check your account balance:
Dial *326# and select the ‘Check Balance’ option. You will then be given your current account balance.
- To pay bills:
Ecobank Transfer USSD Codes can also be used to pay bills such as DStv, GOTV, StarTimes, electricity bills, and more. Simply dial *326# and select the ‘Pay Bills’ option. You will then be asked to enter the amount you wish to pay, followed by the biller code.
Security Measures for Using the Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes
- Use the transfer codes on your own personal phone. Do not use a public or shared phone, as someone else may have access to your account information.
- Keep your phone locked when not in use, and do not share your PIN with anyone.
- Do not save your Ecobank Transfer USSD codes in your phone’s memory. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone may be able to access your account if they know the codes.
- If you receive a suspicious call or text message asking for your Ecobank Transfer USSD codes, do not respond and immediately report it to Ecobank customer service.
List of Ecobank USSD Transfer Codes
- Check Balance: *326# > select the option to check balance
- Transfer to Ecobank/others: *326# > select the option to transfer fund
- Airtime Top Up for Self/Others: *326# > select the option to buy airtime
- Data Purchase : *326# > select the option to buy data
- Account Opening: *326#
- Pay Bills: *326# > select the option to pay bill
- Retrieve BVN: *565*0#
- Hotlist ATM Card: *326# > select the option to manage card
Read also: Full List of FCMB USSD Transfer Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much money can I transfer using the Ecobank USSD codes?
A: The maximum amount that you can transfer using the Ecobank USSD codes is N20,000 per day. This limit applies to both individual and corporate accounts.
Q: Are there any charges for using the Ecobank USSD codes?
A: No, there are no charges for using the Ecobank USSD codes. However, please note that your mobile network operator may charge you for accessing the USSD service. Please check with your mobile network operator for more information.