List of Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes [2023 Updated]
Zenith Bank USSD Transfer codes are the fastest way to transfer money and meet your financial needs. If you are banking with Zenith Bank, it will be wise to use these codes for any payment intend to do online. One of the amazing things about the codes, they are easy for you to memorize because they comprise only 4 digits.
Table of Contents
What are Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
These are codes that have been programmed to carry out various bank functions regarding transactions. You need to have these codes at the bank of your mind to use them at any given time. The presence of these codes has made the banking sector experience phenomenon changes compared to previous times you have to queue in banks.
History of Zenith Bank
The history of Zenith Bank can be traced back to the early 1990s when a group of Nigerian entrepreneurs obtained a banking license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. The bank was officially incorporated as Zenith International Bank Plc on May 16, 1990. The founders of the bank saw an opportunity to fill a niche in the Nigerian banking sector by providing world-class banking services to a growing middle class.
In the years since its inception, Zenith Bank has grown rapidly, becoming one of the largest banks in Nigeria with over 10 million customers and over 500 branches nationwide. The bank has also expanded its operations beyond Nigeria, with branches in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia, and the United Kingdom.
Zenith Bank is widely regarded as one of the most technologically advanced banks in Africa. The bank was an early adopter of Internet banking and mobile banking and was one of the first banks in Africa to offer its customers USSD transfer codes. USSD transfer codes allow customers to send money to any mobile phone number in Nigeria, regardless of whether or not they have a bank account.
Read also: Full List of GTB USSD Transfer Codes
Benefits of Using Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
One of the many benefits of using Zenith Bank USSD codes for transferring money is that it is a convenient way to do so. This is especially true if you are transferring money to someone who does not have a bank account. All you need is their mobile number and you can send them the money almost instantly.
Another great benefit of using these codes is that they are very safe and secure. Your information is not stored on your phone, so there is no way for anyone to access it if they were to steal your phone. Additionally, all transactions are completed through an encrypted connection, so your personal and financial information is always protected.
Using Zenith Bank USSD codes can help you save money on fees. Many banks charge fees for wire transfers, but with USSD codes, there are usually no fees associated with the transaction. This can help you save a significant amount of money, especially if you are sending large sums of money.
Requirements to Activate Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- A valid Zenith Bank ATM Debit Card
- An active Zenith Bank Account
- A registered SIM affiliated with the Bank Account
- A mobile phone that has a good network
How to Activate Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Dial *966# on your phone
- Enter your 4-digit PIN when prompted
- Select the “Register” option from the main menu
- Enter the last 6 digits of your ATM card number when prompted
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer when prompted
- Confirm the details of your transaction
- Enter your 4-digit PIN to confirm your transaction
Read also: List of Wema Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Possible Issues with Using Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Incorrect Mobile Number: If you enter the wrong mobile number when making a transaction, the funds will be transferred to the wrong person. Make sure to double-check the mobile number before confirming any transaction.
Wrong Amount: Another thing that could go wrong is if you enter the wrong amount when making a transaction. Be very careful when entering the amount, as once it is confirmed, you cannot cancel or change the transaction.
No Network Coverage: Another issue that could arise is if there is no network coverage at the time of the transaction. Make sure to have good network coverage before confirming any USSD transactions.
Security Measures for Using Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Never share your PIN with anyone, not even Zenith Bank customer service representatives.
- If you enter your PIN incorrectly more than three times, your account will be blocked. If this happens, you’ll need to visit a Zenith Bank branch to have it reset.
- Only use the USSD codes on your phone – never on someone else’s phone or a public phone.
- Be careful if you receive unsolicited calls or text messages asking for your bank details or PIN. These could be scams. If you’re unsure, hang up and call the bank back using the number on their official website.
List of Zenith Bank USSD Transfer Codes
- Activate USSD Banking: *996*00#
- Check Account Balance: *996*00#
- Transfer Money from Zenith Bank Account: *966*Amount*Accountnumber#
- Zenith Bank Payday Loan: *996*11#
- Buy Airtime recharge from Zenith bank for self: *966*Amount#
- Buy Airtime recharge from Zenith Bank for others: *966*Amount*Mobile Number#
- Open a Zenith bank account for yourself and others: *966*0#
- Increase transaction limit above 100,000 Naira: *966*60#
- Reset Zenith bank USSD PIN: *966*60#
- Retrieve Zenith bank ATM debit Card PIN: *966*60#
- Reset Zenith Mobile Banking PIN and Password: *966*60#
- Deactivate Zenith Bank USSD Banking Profile: *966*20*0#
- Check your Zenith bank account number: *966*0#
- Update your Zenith bank BVN *966*BVN#
- Block Zenith ATM debit Card *966*60#
- Manage Zenith bank Cardless withdrawals *966*60#
Read also: List of Union Bank USSD Transfer Codes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use the USSD codes to transfer money from my Zenith Bank account to another bank’s account?
A: Yes, you can use the USSD codes to transfer money from your Zenith Bank account to another bank account. Simply select the “Other Banks” option when prompted during your transaction. You will then be asked to enter the recipient’s bank name and account number.
Q: How do I use the USSD code for Zenith Bank transfers?
A: To use the USSD code for Zenith Bank transfers, simply dial *966# on your mobile phone and follow the prompts. You will be asked to enter your PIN, after which you will be able to select the account you wish to transfer funds from and the account you wish to transfer funds to.