I Forgot My MTN Share and Sell Pin, Here’s How I Retrieved It
MTN share and sell pin is a personal passcode created by an MTN user and makes it possible for the user to share and transfer airtime to friends, family, or loved ones as long as they are MTN users with an active MTN account. If you find out you forgot your MTN share and sell pin, this will guide you on how to retrieve and safeguard your pin so you don’t keep forgetting or losing it.
Table of Contents
Overview of MTN Share ‘N’ Sell Pin
MTN share and sell presently called MTN share, is one of the packaged services provided by the telecom company to enable MTN users to send and transfer airtime from their main account balance to other MTN numbers. The default pin assigned to this service is 0000 and it requires a reset to a more convenient pin for new users who want to transfer airtime for the first time.
It can be used to share airtime by new and existing MTN customers either postpaid or prepaid for free. The Share ‘N’ Sell pin is part of the security measures that will protect your account from illegal access to avoid unauthorized use of your account to transfer airtime.
How to Retrieve Forgotten MTN Share and Sell Pin
There are easy ways to retrieve a forgotten MTN share ‘n’ sell pin. These steps include:
1. MTN Code Reset:
A code reset can be performed in different ways, which are:
- Via USSD:
You can also use *321*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN#, this implies that you can dial *321*0000*3454*3454#. Remember that 3454 is the new pin reset.
- Via SMS:
You can send an SMS with these details “0000 3466 3466” and then press send to 321. The new pin in this example is 3466.
Read also: How to Convert MTN Pulse Points to Airtime
2. Reset Default Pin:
You won’t be able to transfer airtime to other MTN users if you do not reset your default pin. The default pin is automatically generated by MTN, it is advisable and advantageous to reset it to a personal number you can conveniently use and remember whenever you want to share airtime.
3. Contact an MTN Customer Assistant Centre:
If you are unable to perform the code reset yourself, you can contact a customer care assistant agent from MTN. A few questions will be asked to confirm who you are and enable them to respond. The customer assistant center agent will assist to reset your pin if you have forgotten your pin and once completed a confirmation message will be sent to you stating it is successful.
Tips to Guide you from Forgetting your MTN Share and Sell Pin
- Choose a pin that is easy to remember and difficult to guess. These can be special days, a combination of birth dates, or a unique number that cannot be easily guessed or gotten.
- You can associate your pin with simple rhymes and songs that will make you remember quickly.
- Constant use of your MTN share and sell pin decreases the possibility of forgetting your pin. Ensure to use your pin frequently to avoid forgetfulness.
- Confidentiality keeps your pin safe from unauthorized access to your account. Keep your MTN share n sell the pin to yourself only.
Tips for Choosing an Unforgettable MTN Share and Sell Pin
- Avoid using repetitive numbers like 2222. These numbers are easy to guess.
- Avoid numbers on succession, such as 1234. They are not strong or secure enough.
- Avoid sharing your number with different people. It makes your account susceptible to unauthorized access.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I do if I forget my MTN Share and Sell PIN?
A: If you forget your MTN Share and Sell PIN, you can reset it using the following steps:
Dial *321*defaultPin NewPin NewPIN# and press the call button. The default PIN is typically 0000. If you have changed it and cannot remember the new one, contact MTN customer support for assistance.
Q: Can I change my Share ‘N’ Sell PIN to a custom one?
A: Yes, you can change your Share ‘N’ Sell PIN from the default PIN to a custom one of your choice. To do this, follow the steps provided by MTN to reset your PIN.