How to Convert MTN Pulse Points to Airtime [2024 Updated]
Are you an avid MTN Pulse user, constantly earning those valuable Pulse points but unsure of how to make the most out of them? We will show you step-by-step how to convert your hard-earned MTN Pulse points into convenient airtime. After this article, you don’t have to bother about endless connectivity as we unravel the secrets behind maximizing your rewards as embark on a thrilling journey on how to convert MTN pulse points to Airtime.
Table of Contents
What is MTN Pulse?
MTN Pulse is a loyalty program that rewards customers for using MTN products and services. Customers can earn points by making calls, sending SMS messages, and using data services. Points can be redeemed for airtime, discounts on MTN products and services, or entry into lucky draw competitions. MTN Pulse is a prepaid tariff plan that offers customers a flat rate of N10/kb for data. This means that customers on the MTN Pulse tariff plan will enjoy an always-on social life, as they will be able to stay connected to their favorite social networks at a very affordable rate.
Benefits of Converting Your MTN Pulse Points to Airtime
1. Avoid Overage Charges:
If you have a limited data plan, converting your Pulse points to airtime can help you avoid overage charges. When you use up all of your data, your phone will automatically switch to using Pulse points instead of drawing from your data plan. This can save you a lot of money, especially if you have a high data usage limit.
2. Get Discounts on your Airtime:
When you convert your Pulse points to airtime, you often get discounts on the price per minute or MB of data. This can save you a lot of money, especially if you use a lot of data or make a lot of calls each month.
3. Keep your Phone Number Private:
If you’re concerned about privacy, converting your Pulse points to airtime can help you keep your phone number private. When you use Pulse points, your phone number is not visible to the person who receives your call or text. This can be useful if you want to avoid telemarketers or other unwanted calls and texts.
4. Earnings Free Minutes and Data:
When you convert your points to airtime, you’ll also earn free minutes and data that you can use for future calls, texts, and internet browsing. This is a great way to get more value out of your MTN Pulse subscription.
Different Ways of Converting MTN Pulse Points
Pulse points are the rewards that MTN customers earn for using the Pulse app. There are two ways to convert pulse points to airtime:
1. The first way is to go to the “Airtime” section of the Pulse app and select the amount of airtime you want to convert your points to. You will then be asked to confirm your selection and your airtime will be sent to your phone instantly.
2. The second way is to redeem your pulse points for voucher codes that can be used to purchase airtime on the MTN website or at any MTN store. To do this, go to the “Vouchers” section of the Pulse app and select the amount of airtime you want to buy. You will then be given a voucher code that can be redeemed for airtime at any MTN outlet.
Tips for Maximizing Your Earnings with MTN Pulse
Know your Options: You can convert your points to airtime on any network, not just MTN. This means that you can use your points to call or text any number, regardless of the network they are on.
Use a point-conversion Calculator: There are a few online calculators that can help you figure out how many points you need to convert to get a certain amount of airtime. This can be helpful in budgeting and making sure you get the most out of your points.
Convert your points as soon as possible: The value of your points decreases over time, so it’s best to convert them to airtime as soon as you can. This way, you’ll get the most minutes for your money.
Use your Airtime Wisely: Once you have converted your points to airtime, be mindful of how you use it. If you want to make calls, try to do so during off-peak hours when rates are lower. And if you plan on texting, remember that each text will deduct from your total minutes.
How to Earn MTN Pulse Points?
- Signing up for the MTN Pulse plan: This gives you 500 points just for subscribing to the plan.
- Making calls: You will have 1 point for every minute of call time you have. If you make a 10-minute call, you’ll earn 10 points.
- Sending texts: You’ll earn 1 point for every SMS you send. If you send 10 SMSes in a day, you’ll earn 10 points.
- Browsing the internet: You will earn 1 point for every MB of data you use. If you browse the internet for 10 MB in a day, you’ll earn 10 points.
Alternatives to Using MTN Pulse Points for Airtime
1. Use Your Pulse Points to Purchase Data Bundles: You can use your Pulse Points to purchase data bundles from MTN. This is a great way to get more value for your money and avoid using up your airtime.
2. Use Your Pulse Points to Pay for Goods and Services: You can use your Pulse Points to pay for goods and services from MTN. This is a great way to avoid using cash or credit cards, and it can help you save money on fees and interest charges.
3. Use Your Pulse Points as a Gift: You can use your Pulse Points as a gift for someone else. This is a great way to show someone you care about them, and it can also help you save money on gift-giving expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does it take for the conversion to happen?
A: The conversion from MTN Pulse points to airtime should happen almost instantaneously. You may need to restart your phone for the changes to take effect.
Q: What happens if I don’t have enough points?
A: If you don’t have enough points, you will not be able to convert them into airtime. Make sure you have at least 1,000 points before trying to convert them.