How to Check MTN Data Balance (2023 Updated USSD Code)
Are you an MTN user wondering how much data you have left? Or perhaps you’re tired of running out of data unexpectedly and want to keep better track of your usage. Here, we’ll show you exactly how to check your MTN data balance quickly and easily. Whether you’re using a smartphone or a modem, we’ve got all the tips and tricks to help you stay on top of your internet use.
Tips for Managing Your Data Usage
- Restricting Use of Certain Apps:
Some apps, like Facebook and WhatsApp, can be used for social networking or messaging, but they can also be used for other purposes, like streaming music or watching videos. You can restrict the use of these types of apps by disabling them from within the app’s settings.
- Turning off Notifications:
Notifications are a way to keep you informed about new messages or updates from your favorite apps, but they can also be an energy saver. You can turn off notifications for specific apps by going to the app’s settings and turning off “Notification” under “General.”
- Reducing Screen Time:
When you’re not using an app, try to minimize how much time you spend on your phone screen by dimming the brightness or setting it to sleep mode. You can also turn off automatic updates for certain apps to save more data.
- Avoid using Wi-Fi when Possible:
When possible, try to use cellular data instead of Wi-Fi because it uses less data. However, if you have no other choice than to use Wi-Fi, make sure you’re using it only for necessary activities like online shopping or downloading files.
How to Check MTN Data Balance:
- Log in to your account online at www.mtn.com/myaccount.
- Click on the “Banking & Transactions” tab and select “Data Balance.”
- On the “Data Balance” page, you will see your current data balance and how much you have remaining until you reach your monthly limit.
- To reduce or cancel your monthly limit, click on the “My Limit” link next to the desired month and follow the instructions on the page.
How to Check MTN Data Balance using USSD code:
In a recent update, MTN has introduced a new USSD code for checking data balance, providing users with a more convenient way to stay updated on their data usage. With the new USSD code *323#, MTN subscribers can easily monitor their remaining data balance and ensure they never run out of data at crucial moments. Follow the step-by-step guide below to check your MTN data balance using the new USSD code.
Dialing the USSD Code:
To check your MTN data balance, simply dial *323# on your mobile device’s dialer.
Processing the Request:
Wait for a few seconds while the system processes your request. This may vary depending on network connectivity.
Viewing the Data Balance:
Once the request has been processed, an on-screen pop-up message will appear, displaying your remaining data balance. Take note of this information for future reference.
How to Reset Your Data Balance
If you have unused data remaining on your MyMTN account, you can reset your data balance by following these steps:
- Log in to MyMTN.com.
- Click the “My Account” link at the top of the page.
- On the “My Account” page, click the “Data Balance” link on the left sidebar.
- On the “Data Balance” page, under “Reset Data Balance,” click the “Reset Data Balance” button to begin the process.
- Enter your password and select whether you want to delete all of your content or keep some content intact (depending on your needs).
- Click the “Reset Data Balance” button to confirm your choices and start the reset process.
MTN is a great telecommunications company with mobile and broadband services. To ensure you have the best possible experience, it is important to keep your data balance up. This guide has shown you how to check your data balance on MTN and make any necessary adjustments. Always make sure to have enough data left on your account so that you can stay connected and enjoy all the wonderful features MTN has to offer.